A Walk In The Fast Lane raised over £15,000 for CLIC Sargent during an exhilarating 5 days of walking, starting at McLaren F1 in Woking and stopping off at all the F1 teams in England, with the chequered flag at Silverstone Circuit on British Grand Prix weekend.
- A team of 7 core walkers plus their support crew were joined by over 40 family and friends on the final day
- Left McLaren at 8am Tuesday 11 July and reached Silverstone at 1pm on Saturday 15 July, recuperating each night in a 6.5 tonne American Motorhome kindly provided by Horsepower Rentals
- Walked a total of 152 miles over the 5 days through Surrey, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire
- A few injuries and blisters plus some wet weather along the way but everybody made it to the end of the tough 5 days
- 4 year-old Korbin Gabb, who is currently in remission from Burkitts Lymphoma, (together with his parents Chris and Lynn) led us to the finish. His family are one of the many who are helped by CLIC Sargent each year